If you've received a gift card or are planning your first trip to a spa, don't be worried or get worked up about it. Spa days and breaks can be absolutely fantastic experiences and are very often a treasured gift from a loved one. There are just a few important things to remember prior to heading off for hours of relaxation and enjoyment.
1. Watch what you eat prior to arrival and don't consume alcohol before treatments It's not a good idea to spend time at a spa if you've consumed a fair bit of alcohol before your arrival. Yes, it may feel like an indulgence but it's not recommended if you want to get the best experience. The same goes for eating, too. Don't eat for at least an hour before any massage treatment and try to drink lots of water for good hydration prior to arrival.
2. Give yourself plenty of time to relax and enjoy time using amenities prior to treatments Arrive in plenty of time as that allows you to spend some time in the hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room or sauna prior to your treatments. Just don't forget to shower before and after hitting these relaxing amenities. If you haven't actually booked a treatment or massage in advance, take time to tour the spa upon arrival so you can work out which therapy will suit you best.
3. You could be asked to remove jewellery before treatments Some spa treatments require you to remove all jewellery, so you might want to think about leaving valuables at home.
4. Turn off mobile phones Spas are relaxing, tranquil facilities, so it's important to switch off your mobile phone before you embark on your relaxing day. You would not want to ruin the peaceful environment for other guests or be distracted from your own pampering session yourself.
5. Children are generally not allowed in spa treatment areas Children under the age of 16 are usually not allowed to have spa treatments or to use the relaxation amenities provided for clients. Thus it might be worthwhile booking a babysitter or arranging for a friend or family member to watch your little one ahead of your relaxing spa day.
Spa days and breaks are refreshing, rejuvenating experiences which can be deeply rewarding for anybody. Check out I Need Pampering's award-winning UK spa breaks.