With the days getting longer, the blossom blooming on the trees and the first hint of spring in the air, now’s the perfect time to start thinking about your Spring/Summer wardrobe.
Here are our tips for updating your look this season:
1) Have a good clear out: Chances are you have a wardrobe full of clothes but only ever wear about 10% of them. Use the new season as an excuse to delve deep into the back of your closets, rummage in your drawers and pull out everything you own. Heap it all in a pile on the bed and then only put back the items you know you will wear, give everything else to charity. Voila! An instantly streamlined wardrobe.
2) Embrace colour: The Spring/Summer season is the perfect time to ditch the black and try out some colour. It’s scientifically proven that wearing brighter colours improves your mood, and can lift your skin tone and complexion. If you’re not feeling brave, start slowly by adding colour with accessories like a fabulous belt, scarf or hat.
3) Try out the new season trends: Bring out your inner fashionista by channelling some of the biggest new-season trends. There’s a range of looks for all ages and body shapes this season. Big on the catwalks this show season were:
- Beige: Or ‘oatmeal’ if you want to be really on trend. Beige is big this year, good news for those who shy away from bright colours. Works best on those with dark hair and complexions.
- Tie-dye: A great spring/summer mood booster which adds a touch of the relaxed Californian vibe to your wardrobe
- Bows - the bigger the better. Bows were everywhere on the catwalks. Look for tops and skirts with bow embellishments to ensure you are bang on trend this season.
4) Get some expert help: If you are not sure where to start why not try one of our retail therapy experiences? You’ll get time with a personal stylist who will accompany you around the shops and help you get started on your new-look wardrobe. These experience days are the perfect new-season gift to yourself, a friend, or a loved one.